The Global Fund for Forgotten People is an instrument of the Order of Malta. It supports the Order of Malta’s highest impact works across the world – longstanding, existing works – delivered by the Order’s national associations and relief corps.
The projects the Global Fund supports go to places where others don’t go, tackle issues that others aren’t tackling and help those everyone else has overlooked. It can come as a shock to realise that there are still so many people, in developed and developing countries alike, that the world has forgotten:
• people with neglected diseases
• the elderly, lonely and isolated
• children with parents in prison
• children born with disabilities
• the unacknowledged homeless
• displaced people
• mothers and new-borns without healthcare
• the marginalised and persecuted
It is these people – who have no recourse, no support network and no resources – ‘the Forgotten’ – that the Global Fund assists.
For further information about the Order of Malta’s Global Fund for Forgotten People please visit the website: